Sunday, December 5, 2010

A week in review

My week in's been a jammed packed one!  I wish I could squeeze more hours out of each day.  Then I could get so much more done, including more posting.

This past week at work, we had helpers brought in from other campuses.  So Monday was spent meeting with them and going over obstacles that I would love their help on removing.  So far so good...home office sent us really good helpers!

Tuesday was our last monthly doctors appointment.  Dr C let us know that we would now be switching to every two weeks.  Which sounds super exciting!  I can't believe we're already on the cusp of being in the third trimester!  Next time we see him, we will be officially in that elusive third trimester!  Everything is still looking good and sounding good on the doppler but no ultrasound.  I asked when our next one would be and it's not until 36 weeks!!!  I was in shock!  That's ten weeks away!  Our last ultrasound was October 19th at the specialist, almost 5 weeks earlier.  That will be over 3months in between ultrasounds!!!  I feel as if I'm going through withdrawal.  This is the longest I've gone without an ultrasound since this crazy let's-have-a-baby science experiment started!  Is this what normal pregnancies do?  We've had 26 ultrasounds to date, through all the testing and trying and succeeding.  I LOVE having a "normal" pregnancy and that our little peanut is healthy......but I'm not sure I like being so normal that I don't get to peek in there to check in on him.  Oh God!   I'm already that overbearing, suffocating, too involved mother in my son's life!  :)

Wednesday I was at an all day training session at work and left a smidge early because we went to Carrie Underwood's concert!  It was such a good time!  There was a lot of great music...loud music, and I think baby boy loved it.  He was either having the best time and dancing up a storm OR mad at all the noise and throwing the biggest tantrum ever.  He was moving all over!!!  He was kicking high up in my abdomen, lower in my stomach, and both on my right and left sides.  He was all over the place.  It was really fun to feel him move so much!  We didn't get home and in bed till after midnight.  It's been a long time since I remember being awake that late.  It was worth it though.

Thursday I went out to Kansas City for the day for more training for work.  Drove 3 hours out in the morning, did an afternoon session of training, and then drove 3 hours back after dinner.  A 12 hour day, but better than our usual of having to go to Chicago for training.  I was pretty exhausted when I got home.

Friday I had the morning off, since I'm working my half day in the afternoon and then another half day Saturday.  I made sure to get the most out of my morning.  Dentist appointment, then eye doctor appointment, then ran errands at Target, got to the lab and completed my glucose test and was still at work by 12:30pm!!!!  Yay me for getting a ton off my to do list!  The glucose test was just a 1 hour and it was no where near as bad as I've heard.  It was like drinking an orange soda with a couple extra spoonfuls of sugar in it.  Not syrupy, but it did give me a headache.  Fingers crossed that I passed!  We should find out Monday or Tuesday.  When I got to work at 12:30pm, my advisor who just successfully completed training turn in his resignation.  Dang it!!  Not the best way to start my work day.  I just can't seem to catch a break at work lately. 

Saturday was a whirlwind as well.  I was so tired and did not want to get out of bed to go into work.  I managed to drag myself out of bed and worked 9-1pm.  Tim and I had made a pact to get some of our Christmas shopping done Saturday.  So I came home and switched into jeans and headed right back out the door.  First we were looking for maternity black work pants and newer, nicer jeans for me.  He felt my frustration because there just isn't much out there.  All our lives, you are told to only buy it if you love it.  If you don't love it in the store, you won't wear it at home.  I don't think that advice carries over to maternity clothes, there is such a limited selection.  Maternity clothes advice should be "if it kinda-sorta fits, buy it".  We went to the mall, target, and samsclub all before church.  After church we refueled with dinner out and then hit up walmart.  Finally got back home after 8pm.  Found black work slacks for $7, most Christmas presents purchased, and even some grocery shopping done!  Another long day but another day of getting lots off my to do list!  At least these busy days help me sleep better.  No more waking up for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

Now it's Sunday.  A week since my last post and hopefully you can see why there was no time and/or energy to get one out.  Today I'll still be busy.  Trying to get somethings done around the house, but have to go back out to a different mall to search for those elusive maternity jeans and hopefully something cute for Tim's work party.  I don't understand how hard it is to make a jean in maternity size that is dark blue and not bleached all over!?!?!  It's also the time of year to get our wedding rings checked and I want to look at watches for Tim for Christmas.  Then partnering up with some of the ladies at church to shop for our adopted family and afterwards dinner with friends.  Hopefully I can squeeze in getting Christmas cards done today too...if not there's always tomorrow! 

Enough typing...I'm off to tackle more of my to do list!

1 comment:

Nick and Kristi said...

You are one busy Momma:) Remember to take a few breaks here and there

Gosh three months between US sounds like forever but I think normal Prego women get maybe two US the entire pregnancy...Maybe go do one of those 3D/4D US?

Well take care and have a great week!!!