Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pins and Needles

This week I went in to try acupuncture.  I had seen it on numerous websites and wondered if it really works or is just junk.  My chiropractor, who I have been going to for over 3 years, does acupuncture too.  It didn't click with me til I was in there last week for an adjustment and saw it on his sign again.  I asked him if he thought it could do anything to help with infertility.  Of course, he says yes and books me another appointment. 

Monday comes around and I go in and the receptionist informs me of a new policy just put into place.  They're no longer handling the billing of the insurance.  Hmmmm.  They'll still allow reimbursement from my insurance but I have to pay up front and then take my papers to my insurance and get reimbursed then.  It was really early, so I didn't think much of it and paid for my acupuncture.  I was telling Tim on my way home and he started saying something about "managed care" or something.  Next thing I knew Tim is calling me back and had spoken to my chiropractors office.  Of course he knows more about healthcare than I do, but its hard when the receptionist is either lying or just stupid.  They are no longer dealing with the hassle of billing the insurance, because they are no longer taking my insurance!  I even asked her if everything was still the same with my insurance, coverage, etc!

So needless to say, that was my first and last infertility acupuncture visit.

No comments: