Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More Bloodwork

I got my bloodwork back from my Hematology visit.  My homocysteine levels are normal.  People with the MTHFR mutation don't convert homocysteine fast enough and have high levels.  Mine are normal.  Is that because even though I have the mutation, it's not effecting my blood?  That's what Odem thinks since I don't have a family history of early age stroke or deep vein thrombosis.  Or is that because all the extra folic acid I've been on up until November 5, has kept the levels low?  I'm having the test rerun in 3 months to see.  Hopefully this means I won't have to deal with all the bad issues related to MTHFR.  Still kinda sucks that I went through all the shots and extra pills and stuff all summer, when additional testing would have shown that it wasn't necessary. At least now I don't have to worry about not absorbing enough folic acid!

No comments: