Monday, July 19, 2010

Sleep, Sleep, and More Sleep

I'm about 7 weeks along and was thinking I was pretty lucky that I wasn't having all the horror stories of pregnancy symptoms.  I haven't been nauseous or have crazy cravings.  I've had some acne but nothing insane.  And I thought I was a little tired here and there, but not enough to classify it as a symptom.  That was until this weekend!  So far there would be nights when I would be crawling into bed at 9pm, others where I could stay up past 11:30pm.  Until this weekend.  Granted, we went out to The Muny Saturday night and didn't get back home and in bed until 12:30am, but I still got 8 hours of sleep in.  Wake up around 8am Sunday morning and I just didn't feel right.  Sat on the couch for a little bit and got really sleepy.  Tim suggested I lay back down in bed.  So at 10am, I gave in and went back to bed.....I didn't wake up until 3pm!!!  I felt really good when I did wake up though!  And sure enough, fell asleep around 10pm and didn't wake up until 7am.  Getting the extra 5 hours of sleep didn't effect my sleeping last night at all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You're definitely pregnant! : ) If it makes you feel better, I don't know a single person who wasn't tired during their first trimester. I used to have to go home and take a nap during my lunchbreak just to make it through the day. Making a baby is hard work ~ just do what your body tells you to do. : )

Aunt Julie said...

I'm just so happy for you!