Thursday, July 29, 2010

Well, everyone else is doing it...

So I've seen quite a few blogs where pregnant ladies are giving detailed updates week to week.  There is even a kind of template to follow as well.  For myself I always kinda giggled because I don't know what I would have to say week to week, or if there would be any changes to report.  But then I found myself stalking their blogs for the next update to see what has changed and how they're doing.  So I figure this week I'll give it a shot, but don't be an upset stalker if I don't do it every week :)

How Far Along?  8 Weeks

Weight Gain?  None!  I've actually lost weight but I think that those 5-6 pounds were from all the drugs and procedures I had to do.  So I'm sticking with zero.

Maternity Clothes?  My family was in town this past weekend and I was asked the same question that some of my friends had asked "Why are you in jeans when its over 100 degrees outside?"  Answer: all my shorts were slim fitting and this little itty bitty bump I've gotten causes them not too fit.  Solution: Grandma bought me my first pair of maternity jean shorts!  They're really cute, have a small band at the top so you can't even tell they're maternity.

Symptoms?  None really.  I'm so glad we've had multiple blood tests and ultrasounds otherwise I still might not believe it.  All I've noticed is that I've needed to alter my usual eating schedule.  Skipping breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch, and then a small dinner just wasn't cutting it.  So multiple small meals a day it is.

Sleep?  This comes and goes.  Some nights I stay up till 11pm, others I'm dead by 8:30pm.  Some nights I sleep the whole night, others I'm wide awake for 2-3 hours.  Napping on the weekends has become a necessity too.

Food Cravings?  I haven't had any cravings yet.  Now Tim on the other hand!  He's been craving Taco Bell, Mike & Ikes, Bacon, etc.  It's really funny.

Best Moment this Week?  Having my parents and grandparents come visit for the weekend.  It was so good to just hang out.

Movement?  Nope

Gender?  Lots of people are saying its a girl. 

What I Miss?  Nothing yet.  We've waited so long to get here that I would have given up pretty much anything for forever, not just 9 months, to be here.

What I'm Looking Forward To?  Our first Drs appt with our new OB next Friday.  I really hope we like him.

Weekly Wisdom?  Instead of trying to push through the tired, just lay down and take the quick nap.  Because I can't push through it anymore.

Milestones?  I had my first baby dream!  We were going to get him from the nursery at the hospital to take him home, why we get him rather than the nurses I don't know.  And there he is, blonde curly hair, he lifts up his head and sees us.  Then rolls over so we can pick him up.  Pretty good for a little guy only 2-3 days old!  :)  But now every morning I wake up and didn't have a baby dream, I'm a little sad.

Emotions? Still normal, well at least I think.

Appointments?  First OB appt Aug 6th!

Baby Size?  5/8 inch long.  The size of a kidney bean!

3 comments:

katie Ragsdale said...

Everything about your first baby dream made me smile...it being a boy with blonde curly hair, the nurses not doing their job, and his adavanced motor skills. We are so happy for the both of you. I'm glad Tim enjoyed the Mike and Ikes...I lived on them the first few weeks, well really I could always eat a M&I. And congratulations on the new blooming wardrobe!!

Nick and Kristi said...

Glad everything is going smooth for you....I love reading the updates too...Now you will have to add pics of your bump:)

Unknown said...

If your friends jumped off a cliff would you do that too?---(Sorry, aren't moms supposed to say that. LOL)--- I look at your blog everyday and it helps me feel that I'm there with you. I'm glad you are having happy dreams! Love You