Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Swelling is Now Here

Let the swelling begin!  I get off work yesterday and look down as I get into my car and see a glimpse of my ankle.  Or what used to be my ankle and is now a swollen mess.  At first I was not alright with this. I was hoping that this part of pregnancy would just magically skip over me.  That I could continue to wear my cute shoes and be on my feet for as long as I want to be.  I don't know if you would call it sad, or disappointed, or what.  But I wasn't wanting swollen feet.  The upside is that they are barely swollen.  Tim said he couldn't even tell....but I think that was him being a boy about it. 

After I thought about it awhile (stuck behind a car accident makes for a little longer commute home) I'm good with my swollen ankles.  It's a sign that I'm pregnant.  That my body is doing whatever it needs to do to take care of this little baby that I haven't even met yet.  It's kind of amazing all the changes a woman's body goes through to help bring a new life into the world.  And if swollen ankles is one of these changes, I am going to fully embrace it.  I don't know how many more chances I'll have in the future to do so.  So I'll put my feet up more, and takes more breaks from walking around at work, and ask for more foot massages.....and not feel guilty about it.  Another upside is that I do have a great husband.  A husband who didn't bat an eye when I got home and wanted to go shoe shopping before our movie date. 

Then I get a reminder that it all balances out in the end.  The same day my feet starting swelling is the same day I get stopped by a random stranger saying "Oh My God, you are beautiful!"  Granted we were just passing each other at the movie theatre, and granted she was talking about my belly, but it did put a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry about your swollen ankles but I'm glad everything else is going good for you!! We need a picture update!

Nick and Kristi said...

I just noticed today that my rings are getting tighter...Which is a major bummer because I def dont want to take them off...I will feel naked:)

I guess for you...just means kicking up those feet more:)